Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Beginning my new Book of Shadows!

       Hey guys! O.K. so I have been putting off making my new book of shadows, until I have actually found what I would like to do. I have tried so many different options but none just seem to fit! I have tried the three ring binder method, I have tried the hand bound book method, I tried the spiral notebook method, and the string bound method, but none stick! I would get bored, unorganized, or it was too time consuming for my busy school schedule.

        I have so many supplies still left from all my book of shadow endeavors so I could try another method again if I wanted to. But what will it be? I really enjoyed the string binding method but it was really time consuming to create my pages. But I think I will give it a go once again. 

        By string binding I mean creating pages punching holes in the side and tying them together with pieces of string or ribbon. It was very happy with the results of my first try however it took like three hours to complete one page as I would design and glitter by hand. If you would like to try this method with me, here’s what you will need:

v Cardboard for the cover of your book
v Fabric to cover your cardboard preferably thin fabric so it could be hold punched
v Cardstock for your section dividers
v Parchment paper for the inside pages
v Pens in the colors that you would like inside your book
v Pencil
v Markers, glitters, stickers, glue, crayons, ribbons, feathers, dried herbs, flowers, leaves, and color pencils to adorn your book.
v Three hole puncher
v Ribbon or yarn to bind your book
v Information to put into your new book
v Patients  and time

This method is very inexpensive as you can get most of the supplies very cheap from a school supply store. It is also very easy to keep organize as you can unloose your book to add or take away pages.  It is also excellent for expressing creativity, and it is completely made and designed by you and will be great to pass on to your kids, if kept securely to prevent damage. 

Speaking of damage one way to protect your new book is to get a very big bubble wrap mailer and keep your book in there when not in use. That way it wouldn’t get wet, dirty, or torn easily. This method is also very easy to hide as it is just paper put together it can easily be hidden under your mattress, clothing in your drawer, or in between books on your bookshelf. 

Below is a picture of me holding up the cover I made for my old book of shadows using this method, there is also some pictures of the section dividers I made. This will give you an Idea of how you too can express your creativity! 


A tutorial will be on the way, as I begin to create my new book of shadows! 

Blessed Be- Yemaya Dreamcaster a.k.a Daughter of the Goddess

2 comments: